Introduction to Payroll
Payroll is the process by which a business pays its employees.
A payroll system allows businesses to follow a set series of processes in order to make timely, correct payments in compliance with government regulations.
In this 1 Day course you will be provided with the knowledge and understanding of operations relating to the basic calculations and preparation of a payroll and use of Payroll Software.
- Need to learn about the latest Tax (PAYE), Social Insurance (PRSI) And USC Changes? These are all processes required by the Irish Revenue Commissioners. This course includes all of the latest information on budget changes.
- Become familiar with Computerised Payroll: This is where the knowledge and techniques of manual payroll are applied to the popular payroll software, Sage Payroll
- Budget summary: the courseware includes information from the latest budget and any updates affecting tax credits, tax rates, tax bands as well as PRSI and health contributions.
- Tax credits and standard rate cut-off point certificate
- PAYE calculations: this section includes looking at a tax deduction card, holiday pay, tax refunds, sick pay, the cumulative system, week 1 / month 1 setup, new employees, emergency tax, terminating employees and pension deductions
- Joint assessment and single assessment
- Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI): covering PRSI Classes, list of PRSI class codes, PRSI refunds, and calculating PRSI deductions
- Universal Social Charge (USC) Rates, Calculations and Exemptions
- Sage Payroll: company files and pay frequencies, payroll administration, security and user control
- Using Sage Payroll Getting Started: checking the PAYE table, checking the PRSI classes table, checking the PRSI earning bands, setting up bank details and payments and deductions
- Employee Details: maintain employee details, employee payments & deductions tab, tax deduction card and notes
- Timesheet Entry: processing timesheets and timesheet entry fields
- Reports: Printing & Emailing Payslips, running a report, report overview and tax year end reports
- Backup and Restore: Backing up and Restoring Data
This course is suitable for those who want to have an overview of what goes on in a Payroll Department or for those who are already working but may be asked to help out with these duties at work.
You must have working Knowledge of a computer, Internet & Email.
There are no events in the selected category