Care Skills QQI Level 5 Course
Healthcare Training is now a requirement when applying for work as a carer/care attendant. This course provides a recognised qualification for healthcare workers, currently in employment and those seeking to work in this sector.
Our Qualified Nurse Tutor will give you practical and professional guidance in learning the practical skills required to look after someone in your care.
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to:
- Recognise the personal care needs of the individual
- Respond effectively to a persons individual needs, with their involvement and personal choices respected
- Acquire practical skills in the area of individual personal care
- Maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients
Accreditation: Care Skills QQI Level 5 Certificate
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE COMPLETING THIS COURSE AND APPLY FOR PATIENT MOVING & HANDLING COURSE YOU GET A €20 DISCOUNT
Section 1 - Understanding Client Care
Section 2 - Use of Equipment in Client Care
Section 3 - Assisting Skills in Client Care
Section 4 - Practical Skills (practice)
Click here for the Component Specification
Applicants must have:
- Relevant life or work experiences.
- Must have one other Healthcare Module at QQI Level 5 completed, e.g. Care of the Older Person or other relevant Course.
- Must have also completed Patient Moving & Handling course
- High standard of written and oral English essential.
Award: Care Skills QQI Level 5 (5N2770)
Skills Demonstration - Typed & Practical Assessment (60%)
2 Typed assignments (40%)
- Assignment 1 to be handed in week 4 of the course (20%)
- Assignment 2 to be handed in 2 weeks after final day of course (20%)
|| 50 - 64%
|| 65 - 79%
|| 80% - 100%
There are no events in the selected category