Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Course
This Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Course is a requirement for anyone wanting to work as a Healthcare Assistant in any Elderly care setting. We recommend beginning with a Care of the Older Person course and then moving on to Care Skills.
Our Qualified Nurse Tutor will give you practical and professional guidance in how to understand the older persons needs, have empathy and treat them with dignity and respect.
This along with Care Skills is required to get work as a Care Assistant.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Demonstrate good work practices in the provision of individual care of older people
- Understand the concept of ageing and the type of care it demands
- Be able to meet the full range of needs of older people in a variety of care settings
- Enhance the quality of life and independance of the older person
Accreditation: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Care of the Older Person
Please note that if you are completing this course and register for our Patient Moving & Handling course you get a €20 discount
The course content is grouped into 4 units:
Unit 1 - The Ageing Process and what that implies
Unit 2 - Working with the older person on a one to one basis
Unit 3 - Caring for the older person with specific requirements
Unit 4 - Care Settings which cater for individual needs
(Click this link for full course details)
Who should complete this course?
Anyone who wishs to work in Healthcare or who is a carer of a relative at home and wants or needs to gain a QQI certificate in Care of the Older Person Level 5.
Applicants must have:
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualifications and/or relevant life & work experience.
- High standard of written and oral english.
Award: Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Component Award (5N2706)
Assessment: Skills Demonstration - 60% Project - 40%
|| 50 - 64%
|| 65 - 79%
|| 80% - 100%
There are no events in the selected category