Training Needs Identification & Design Course Contact Us For Dates
On this Training Needs Identification & Design course you will learn how to correctly identify training needs of learners and design training courses that are both beneficial and engaging for participants.
This 4 day workshop is an ideal option for anyone who has to design training for others as part of their current position, or for someone who is considering working as a professional trainer.
This course leads to a QQI Level 6 certificate in Training Needs Identification & Design.
If you have already completed Training Delivery and Evaluation, you only need to successfully complete this course and its assessments to achieve the QQI Special Purpose Award in Training and Development.
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
Learn how to conduct a Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify training and development needs for an organisation and or individual
The stages in conducting a training needs analysis
The range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis
How to assess a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models
Use TNA outcomes in terms of gaps in knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Differentiate between the concepts of learning, training, development and education
Examine the impact of organisation strategy, policy, vision and mission on training and development
Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools in identifying the barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation
Devise a training plan based on prioritised training needs to include a cost benefit analysis
Design a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors to include trainees, adult learning theories, motivation theories, objectives, exercises, training methods, learning aids, location and facilities
Develop appropriate training content and materials using a range of learning aids to include web based facilities, software, flipcharts and handouts
Evaluate a range of performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs
(Click here for full course outline)
- Newly qualified or appointed trainers.
- Those who wish to become a certified trainer or planning a career in Training & Development.
- Team Managers/Leaders.
- Staff involved in training administration, delivery, design or assessment.
- Trainers who want to deliver training for National Training organisations – SOLAS, ETB’s etc.
- Training and HR personnel in large organisations.
- Those who need a credits towards other QQI Certificates.
- For those who require professional development.
- Someone who wants to gain the confidence to speak in public arenas.
- Somebody who has already completed the Training Delivery & Evaluation Course.
Applicants must have:
- Leaving Cert or equivalent, and/or relevant life or work experience.
- Proficiency in Spoken and Written English.
- Participants must be working in or have access to an organisation where they will be able to complete a Training Needs Analysis and Training Plan.
- Learners must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A good working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
Award: QQI Level 6 Certificate in Training Needs & Identification 6N3325
This programme is assessed through completion of a Project (60%) and 2 Assignments (40%)
|| 50 - 64%
|| 65 - 79%
|| 80% - 100%
Note: On completion of this course and Training Delivery & Evaluation course 6N3326 you may obtain the Training & Development Special Purpose Award QQI Level 6 (6S3372).
There are no events in the selected category