MOS Word Specialist 3 Day Course
There are no events in the selected category
Microsoft Office Specialist - Word
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification is the premier credential chosen by individuals seeking to validate their skills and advance their careers.
Microsoft Word is the most commonly used word-processing tool in the business world, but its functionality is often under-used. Our course will give you or your staff the skills needed to use Word to its full potential and create better documents in less time.
The ability to efficiently produce proposals, reports and a host of other business documents is an extremely valuable and transferable business skill. Such documents are used on a daily basis and the ability to write succinct documents enhances professional reputations and relationships.
This course is designed to advance existing Word users and help them take advantage of the powerful features available in Word.
|Getting Started with Word
- Exploring the Word window
- Using Standard/Personalised Menus
- Using the Office Assistant
|Editing a Document
- Inserting Text in a Document
- Selecting, Deleting and Restoring Text
- Creating a Folder/Saving alternatively named files
| Working with Tables
- Inserting a Table/Merging Table Cells
- Inserting and Deleting Columns & Rows
- Resizing /Adding Shading/Modifying Borders
| Formatting Text
- Aligning, Moving and Copying Text/Applying Styles
- Creating a Paragraph Border, Adding Shading
- Previewing/Printing a Document
| Using Automated Formatting
- Setting AutoFormat Options/ Borders
- Create Automatic Bulleted/Numbered List
- Multiple Attributes with Format Painter
- Creating/Inserting an AutoText Entry
- Creating and Printing a Mailing List
| Using Editing and Proofing Tools
- Checking Spelling/Grammar/Thesaurus
- Finding/Replacing Specific Text
- Creating AutoCorrect Entries & Exceptions
- Inserting Date & Time, Special Characters
|Working with Graphics
- Insert a Picture from a File/Clipart Gallery
- Creating WordArt/Drawing a Shape/Resizing
|Working with Columns
- Creating Columns, changing Column Width
- Inserting a Column Break/Vertical Lines
|Using Templates and Wizards
- Using a Word Template
- Creating your own Template
- Using a Wizard
|Word and the Web
- Inserting a Hyperlink to a Web Page
- Sending a Document as an E-mail Message
- Saving or viewing as a Web Page
The course is geared towards users requiring a detailed knowledge of the package in order to produce professional publications and further streamline and automate repetitive office tasks.
Microsoft Office Specialist certification gives you the tools to build a brighter future.
Achieve industry-recognized certification
Learn the computing skills companies are looking for
Boost your workforce resume
Differentiate yourself from other applicants
Gain valuable experience and confidence
Heighten your earning potential
Prepare yourself for a successful future.
Candidates should have an understanding of the Windows environment and be relatively comfortable Managing Files and Folders, Searching for Files and Folders, Using the Control Panel, Viewing System Information.
You must have completed ECDL or other similar training course and have good working knowledge of Microsoft Word Processing.