Care of the Older Person QQI Level 5 Course
This course will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide excellent care for the older person. This along with Care Skills is required to get work as a Care Assistant. We recommend beginning with a Care of the Older Person course and then moving on to Care Skills.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Demonstrate good work practices in the provision of individual care of older people
- Understand the concept of ageing and the type of care it demands
- Be able to meet the full range of needs of older people in a variety of care settings
- Enhance the quality of life and independance of the older person
Accreditation: FETAC / QQI Level 5
Please note that if you ARE COMPLETING THIS COURSE AND APply for Patient Moving & Handling course you get a €20 discount
Healthcare Training is now a requirement when applying for work as a carer/care attendant. This course provides a recognised qualification for healthcare workers, currently in employment and those seeking to work in this sector.
The purpose of this course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to:
- Recognise the personal care needs of the individual
- Respond effectively to a persons individual needs, with their involvement and personal choices respected
- Acquire practical skills in the area of individual personal care
- Maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic environment for clients
PLEASE NOT THAT IF YOU ARE COMPLETING THIS COURSE AND APPLY FOR PATIENT MOVING & HANDLING COURSE YOU GET A €20 DISCOUNT
Patient Moving & Handling Certificate Course
This course is designed for healthcare workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle patients under Safety, Health and Welfare at Work and Manual Handling Regulations.
- Understand the structure of the back and the ways in which it can become injured
- Understand the principles of safe moving and handling
- Be able to comply with current legal requirements in the workplace in relation to safely moving and handling patients/clients in a variety of healthcare related settings
please note that if you apply for this course and are doing either care of the older person or care skills with us you get a €20 discount on this course
First Aid Responder
This First Aid Response Course will produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
The First Aid Responder course is aimed at those persons within an organisation with responsibility for first response, first aid treatment in the workplace. The course modules meet all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training.
Dementia Information Workshop
This Workshop day is designed to provide information and training to all those who are, or will be involved in the care of people with Dementia, both professionally and as family members.
This 1 Day Course can also count towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
First Aid Responder Refresher Course
This First Aid Response Refresher Course will produce highly confident First Aiders with the skills and knowledge to provide care until arrival of emergency services. The course is focused on practical skills and scenario training, this is backed up with the theory sessions to provide the solid foundation of knowledge and understanding.
The course meets all the requirements of the current Health & Safety Standards and requirements for employee training. The course content will assist those responsible for first aid to develop a preventative approach to accidents and incidents within the workplace.
Occupational First Aid Certificates are valid for 2 years - it is essential therefore that First Aiders receive regular refresher training in order to ensure their certificate is in date.
This course will keep a current First Aid Certificate in-date.
You must attend a 1 Day refresher within 2 years and 90 days of attending your previous OFA course. There are no exceptions. If it is over 2 years and 91 days since your last OFA course, then you must attend a longer 24 Hour course (see Occupational First Aid Course Above).
You must bring your QQI / FETAC Certificate with you on the day of Course as proof.